Friday, April 29, 2011

So Close

I decided I'd start sending Facebook messages that link to this blog so my family can read about our lives here in Texas. I thought that since I take the time to write what's going on in life, someone ought to read it. By the way, to those who do read it, thank you. And to those who comment, thank you squared. I've pat myself on the back for finding a decent decorative background. Now I can move forward.

Finals are approaching. Bad news is, more stress than we already have. Good news is, a sense of freedom is in sight. Jake will be switching to full time at Sprint (hopefully in a management position), while I work more hours until I hit summer school in early June. After this summer, I'll be done with school and switching to full time while Jake is enrolled in the Nursing Program. I still have my job at the daycare, and they want to hire me for full time(I've been doing work study for the last 6 months or so). They don't currently have positions open, but they guarantee me a spot by the time I get my associate's. They are the only daycare I know that require a degree. I hope for something bigger, maybe substitute teaching. I hope that someday very soon I will be able to have my own students in my own classroom... the thought of that seems so out of reach right now. I hope that the place I'm working at now will teach me what I need to know in handling a classroom. It would be smart to stay where I'm at, where I actually have a job. If a better opportunity comes, though... I'm taking it the first chance I get.

Jake and I will be celebrating our anniversary this month with a week long trip to San Antonio. We have plans to go to Sea World, Schlitterbahn, the Alamo, Wax Museum, Ripley's, Guinness World Records, an IMax theater, and of course the Riverwalk. I've been to San Antonio before, but never like this! We are going to have a blast with a break that we've been long looking forward to.

My thoughts are jumbled and I have so much to write, and putting those two things together will and probably has made this post a mess. This week the Family Home Evening lesson was about finding peace with God through Jesus Christ. We talked about our Savior's crucifixion, and that through all of that, He held His peace (Mark 14:61). Within our trials, we have the capacity to hold our peace. As long as we are trying our best to do the right things, as long as we read our scriptures and say our prayers, attend church and the temple, pay our tithes and offerings, and counsel with the Lord in all we do, we will find and keep our peace. The best part is, we can feel peace in doing all these things. I know I do. I was once told that when we do our best, the Lord will fill in the rest. Every day, I find proof that He is in control. 

That's all. I should probably get to my homework now. :)



1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenny,
    Cute blog! It's nice to know we will be able to keep up on you two even though you so far away. That aniversary trip sounds like a blast, it's so important to take time to make memories. I remember for our third anniversary we went to strawberry reservoir, about 2 hours away and took a fishing trip. I look back at that trip, what a fun time we had, just the two of us.
    That is really exciting that Jake is starting the nursing program in the fall, and congrats on your degree and job is great too. Its great to hear that things are really turning out well for you two.
    Love Heidi (and Bob)

    ReplyDelete